cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Stop a Backup-to-Folder from Showing Low Disk Space?

Razor7
Level 2
Hello--

We removed all of the old jobs and have over 100 GBs of free space, but BEWS still shows the device as unavaiable--that there is low disk space.

How do we reset the folder so is goes back into ready mode?

Thanks,

sd
7 REPLIES 7

SPR_TSE
Level 4
Employee
Select the properties of the B2D folder in question, select the Advanced tab and deselect Disk space reserve (http://support.veritas.com/docs/286794). This typically becomes an issue when doing GRT to B2D, and the disk space reserve is misinterpreted as a protective buffer. It is expected that available disk space will be filled up.

SamWiseTx
Level 3
I performed this but it still did not clear the low space warning. After removing some jobs I had to pause the then remove the pause so BE would reset the space allocated.

SPR_TSE
Level 4
Employee
Sorry, after re-reading my answer, I may not have been completely clear. Once you see the warning, you acted correctly to clear it; the settings change in and of itself doesn't clear the warning but rather should prevent it.

The_Dude
Level 4
I've got the same problem now. B2D was full, but I've cleared it out and I've got over 600GB free. I've tried turning diskspace reserve off & on, restarting the server, etc. But NOTHING clears the stupid "low disk space" warning. Currently, I can't run any B2D jobs as a result.

Can someone please tell me how to clear it? Or even better, why Backup Exec doesn't just notice by itself!

(On x64 server running 7170 with upto hotfix 13 installed)

The_Dude
Level 4
I'm not the only one with this problem either:

If I create another B2D folder on the same drive, then it works fine. I don't agree this is a solution is the slightest.

The_Dude
Level 4
Ok, so you have to "pause" and "unpause" the B2D folder so it rechecks. But WHY? Can it is just poll it periodically? Or, even when the services restart?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you "retired" those files from within BackupExec? 

I(f you have your OPP set properly, the files should just be reused, you shouldn't need to manually remove files)