cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Leave database nonoperational to restore additional transaction logs

Provincanje
Level 3

I have Backup Exec 2012 and I need restore a data base in MS Sql 2008 and add of transactions log.

How leave database nonoperational to restore additional transaction logs?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When running the restore wizard, you will encounter this screen.

Select the last option.

From the Help file, you can then do this

Specifies the backup sets that you want to use to restore the database. Include the full backup, differential backups, and log backup sets.

If you restore multiple backup sets, select the Leave the database nonoperational; additional transaction logs or differential backups can be restored option in the Restore Wizard for each backup set except the last one. For the last backup set, select the Leave the database ready to use; additional transaction logs or differential backups cannot be restored option in the Restore Wizard.
You can then leave the database non-operational

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When running the restore wizard, you will encounter this screen.

Select the last option.

From the Help file, you can then do this

Specifies the backup sets that you want to use to restore the database. Include the full backup, differential backups, and log backup sets.

If you restore multiple backup sets, select the Leave the database nonoperational; additional transaction logs or differential backups can be restored option in the Restore Wizard for each backup set except the last one. For the last backup set, select the Leave the database ready to use; additional transaction logs or differential backups cannot be restored option in the Restore Wizard.
You can then leave the database non-operational

Provincanje
Level 3

Thank you, it was useful. But I now have another problem when selection a backup set with this option tells me:

Updating restore job.....

Unable update the sqlserver restore 000xx.

The restore job has no seleccionts.