Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Restore on "Exchange Mailbox" in different "Exchange Mailbox"

Juan_Lock
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hey Guys.

I have some questions with an Exchange mailbox restore.

I have a server "Exchange 2010", under "DOMAIN1 \ SERVER1" and the mailbox "USER1".

I can do a restore of the mailbox "USER1" in "Exchange 2010", "DOMAIN2 \ SERVER23" and the mailbox "USER59"

? It is possible .. if anyone has the steps would greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Juan,

You'd be able to restore the mailbox using my article below and staging to disk first. GRT restores automatically restore to C:\Temp, and the process assumes you have enough disk space there to temporarily hold the IS. If not, change this under Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

During the restore, you would do the following in order to restore to another server:

1. Click Microsoft Exchange Redirection --> Redirect Exchange sets (put the target server name in)

2. Choose the option to Redirect mailboxes or public folders. Put in the mailbox name, and leave everything else as-is.

Run the job.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Juan,

You'd be able to restore the mailbox using my article below and staging to disk first. GRT restores automatically restore to C:\Temp, and the process assumes you have enough disk space there to temporarily hold the IS. If not, change this under Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-usi...

During the restore, you would do the following in order to restore to another server:

1. Click Microsoft Exchange Redirection --> Redirect Exchange sets (put the target server name in)

2. Choose the option to Redirect mailboxes or public folders. Put in the mailbox name, and leave everything else as-is.

Run the job.

Thanks!