cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Upgrade Symantec 12 To 12.5 SP2?

rkanuri
Level 3

I am looking for a single definitve guide which helps me in Upgrading Symantec 12 To 12.5 SP2, let me the safety measures I need to take and things I should consider before upgrading.

Regards

Raj | Technology News

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69285

Take a backup of DATA and CATALOGS folder from BE installation directory, as they will help you in getting the configuration and catalogs back incase of any issue with the upgradation.

To be compatible with latest software and hardware, i recommend upgrading to BE 2010 R3.

View solution in original post

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You can upgrade from BE12 to Be12.5 and then you can install any service pack.

Before upgrading stop SQL server BKUPEXEC service and make a copy of DATA and CATALOGS

folders, these are located at  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.

Once upgrade is done run live update multiple times and install all the latest service pack and other

patches. You will also have to upgrade the remote agents.

If remote agent is installed with AOFO option then a reboot will be required.

Note: I would suggest you to upgrade to BE2010 R3 as it supports all the latest technoligies.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69285

Take a backup of DATA and CATALOGS folder from BE installation directory, as they will help you in getting the configuration and catalogs back incase of any issue with the upgradation.

To be compatible with latest software and hardware, i recommend upgrading to BE 2010 R3.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You can upgrade from BE12 to Be12.5 and then you can install any service pack.

Before upgrading stop SQL server BKUPEXEC service and make a copy of DATA and CATALOGS

folders, these are located at  X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec.

Once upgrade is done run live update multiple times and install all the latest service pack and other

patches. You will also have to upgrade the remote agents.

If remote agent is installed with AOFO option then a reboot will be required.

Note: I would suggest you to upgrade to BE2010 R3 as it supports all the latest technoligies.