cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How backup Sharepoint 2010 in Backup Exec 2012

Luckyson
Level 3

Hi all, I need help with backup of Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 (MOSS) environment....

I have one MS 2008 R2 server with MOSS installed, this server has all MOSS databases stored on different server (MS SQL 2008). When I'm trying backup these databases using SQL Remote Agent like other databases on SQL this message appears:

"DATABASE_NAME" is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

How could I backup these databases ? Under MOSS server backup selection is this component available for backup:

"Microsoft Sharepoint Resources"

This choice is also under the SQL server backup selection....

From which server could I backup these components ? Are databases under this selection ?

Do you have some guide, how exactly backup Microsoft Sharepoint environment and what permissions must the BE2012 service account has on Sharepoint servers ?? I don't understand it..... :(

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have you check the best practices for sharepoint?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74431

Is the Backup Exec remote agent installed on the SQL server ?

Luckyson
Level 3

Hi, thanks for the link, I tried it but this error appears.....

V-79-57344-794 - Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.

WARNING: "SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (CZ-DB002\98f39cc0-cd93-4ff5-bab6-9f51ce2b386d)\Metadata" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

..... and yes, the SQL server has Remote Agent installed.....

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Luckyson
Level 3

Ok, I must check it with our MOSS admins......

Luckyson
Level 3

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH65799 - This is not our case.... :\

We have Sharepoint 2010 and Backup Exec 201Revision 1798 Hotfix 180964

..... and based on Best Practice - Full SharePoint backup selections from the appropriate SharePoint farm resource container in the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab

But this Error appears:

Errors 

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (SERVERNAME\98f39cc0-cd93-4ff5-bab6-9f51ce2b386d)V-79-57344-794 - Error: Unable to query the Team database meta-data.

Exceptions 
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
The backup options or selections for this job have changed since the last time it ran.

Backup- SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (SERVERNAME\98f39cc0-cd93-4ff5-bab6-9f51ce2b386d)WARNING: "SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (CZ-DB002\98f39cc0-cd93-4ff5-bab6-9f51ce2b386d)\Metadata" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Verify- SPUserCodeV4\Metadata (SERVERNAME\98f39cc0-cd93-4ff5-bab6-9f51ce2b386d) WARNING: "Metadata" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

..... but I found this article, what do you mean about it ?