Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I configure tape library

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all

I need you your help It was first time to configure tape device in BE 2012, which is HP LTO5 on windows 2008 R2.

I just expected that it is no problem if LTO5 correctly verify at device management in windows server and I could see LTO5 device information in device management and I installed BE12 After installing BE 2012 I never configured storage menu in BE 2012 Console and I could see robotic library was online and tape drive 0001 was also online and online tape/disk catrage media was also online.

So I configured backup policy to any tape drive but backup was failed with error message v-79-57344-33037, which cant find volume library media, cant mount so I set this guide http://support.veritas.com/docs/192180, but I could see the same error message. and I tried to set configure inventory of tape drive 0001 but inventory menu grayed(disabled).

How can I set tape library to success backup??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
OK, couple of things: 1. In Windows Device Manager, make sure the robotics shows up as "Unknown medium changer". If not, change the drivers to this. It shouldn't show the manufacturer's name. 2. Check the drivers of the tape drive and make sure they show Symantec as the driver provider. If not, run tapeinst.exe and install them. Then restart the BE services and try again. Just report back here with an update. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
OK, couple of things: 1. In Windows Device Manager, make sure the robotics shows up as "Unknown medium changer". If not, change the drivers to this. It shouldn't show the manufacturer's name. 2. Check the drivers of the tape drive and make sure they show Symantec as the driver provider. If not, run tapeinst.exe and install them. Then restart the BE services and try again. Just report back here with an update. Thanks!

Jake_kang
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you CraigV

After changing driver version and restarting I can do it. Thank you. 

CraigV
Sure thing, glad to have helped!