cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i know which expired backup set is going to be deleted ?

Cst624
Not applicable

Hello, 

I am using backup exec 2012 to back up to disk.
I know that there is a system called DLM and it will deleted the expired backup set.

Can I use the command line interface to get the list of which .bkf are going to be deleted by DLM ?

Eg: 

B2D000001.bkf        (expired)

B2D000002.bkf        (expired)

B2D000003.bkf        (Not yet expired)

B2D000004.bkf        (Not yet expired)

Then i want to get a list which tell me B2D000001.bkf & B2D000002.bkf are going to be deletd.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

When the DLM cycle occurs ALL bkf files marked as expired get deleted (unless they have a dependent incremental or differential set, or have been manually protected by the admin) It is not like an overwrite where only 1 piece of media is affected it is a housekpeeing task that identifies all.

I am not aware of a command line tool or report, although I belive you can use the ShowHiddenMedia registry key so that then when you look at the Expired Backup sets you can see the BKF file names.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

When the DLM cycle occurs ALL bkf files marked as expired get deleted (unless they have a dependent incremental or differential set, or have been manually protected by the admin) It is not like an overwrite where only 1 piece of media is affected it is a housekpeeing task that identifies all.

I am not aware of a command line tool or report, although I belive you can use the ShowHiddenMedia registry key so that then when you look at the Expired Backup sets you can see the BKF file names.