cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How change Snapshot date format?

ScotH
Level 4
Backup Exec is creating snapshots of VMWare virtual machines, and these snapshots appear in VMWare's Snapshot Manager.  The date format for the snapshots is in the format of dd/mm/yyyy, however.  Is there a location in Backup Exec to change the format to the familiar mm/dd/yyyy? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
There is not an option to change the date format of the snapshots.  I think you might have other problems with that back though. The snapshot is supposed to be deleted after the backup completes, for some reason yours have not been removed.  Are you backups failing or is a service crashing on the media server during the backups?  Would it be possible for you to remove all the snapshots? including the ones not marked SYMC-FULL?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
There is not an option to change the date format of the snapshots.  I think you might have other problems with that back though. The snapshot is supposed to be deleted after the backup completes, for some reason yours have not been removed.  Are you backups failing or is a service crashing on the media server during the backups?  Would it be possible for you to remove all the snapshots? including the ones not marked SYMC-FULL?

ScotH
Level 4
Good to know. 

As you saw, I posted the problem of snapshots not deleting under the topic " How get Backup Exec to delete snapshots?"