cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Backup to Disk, Then to Tape for Offsite?

Craig_Scheets
Level 3
I have Backup Exec 10d, Windows 2003 Std, and a dedicated backup server with 600Gb B2D storage and LTO-2 tape drive.

I've setup backup jobs for our servers to go to disk nightly. I've got enough disk space on our backup server to keep about 2 weeks backups online, and will be our primary means of restore when necessary.

However, I want to also "clone" the backup job to tape as well every night for off-site storage. I'd like for this to happen after the backup to disk operation completes daily, and I'd like for this to happen entirely on the backup server (in other words, I don't want to just run another backup job of the data to tape and impact the production server)

I've done this with Legato in the past, but I'm unfamiliar how to in Backup Exec. I've considered some options using post-commands and just backup up the .bkf files, but I want to make sure I do it right and could restore from the tape only if necessary.

Can someone help?
1 REPLY 1

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can configure the duplicate backup jobs. Please refer to the below mentioned technote for the procedure:

How to configure duplicate jobs in Backup Exec 9.x / 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/256096

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.