cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a new tape

kmm5062
Not applicable

I am new to backup exec 2012. I have a new tape to replace an old one that is bad. I put it in the tape drive, Labled it, Selected "Inventory Now", then tried to associate it with a media set. After i did all that the label was right but the media set never changed and the overwrite protedted until never changes. How should i properly setup this drive?

Also,

Once i put a new disk in how  do i get the media properties to refresh?

THanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Either let BE add it automatically when the job runs on the next schedule, or drag and drop it onto your media set. I'd go with option 1 and let BE do what it needs to in order to properly associate the tape with the media set.

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

You can just leave it in the Scratch media set.  Backup Exec will automatically associate the tape to the media set after the job runs.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Did you reuse the tape label? That is, the new tape had the same label as the old tape. If yes, did you delete the old tape from BE? If no, then do the following 1. Associate the new tape with the Retired Media set 2. Right-click the tape and select delete. 3. Do an inventory on the new tape and then leave it in the scratch media set.