cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I catalog multiple media files in B2D folder at one time

unbinary
Level 2

We recently had major disaster and the server where Backup Exec (11d) was running went down and will not be coming back up... ever. I am trying to restore files from the server that crashed and we are using a B2D folder on a NAS device. The trouble I'm having is that there are 1,800 media files in that folder and in order to do a restore, I need to catalog the files. However, I cannot find a way to catalog them all at once in a single job. Instead, what I see as the way to do it is selecing all the files > Catalog Media > repeatedly clicking OK 1,800 times. I don't have an intern I can task with clicking OK for me. :)

Does anyone have any advice on how to do this quickly and easily?

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you restored the \Catalogs folder and the BEDB and named the B2D folder the same, you shouldn't HAVE to recatalog your B2D files.  BE should already know about them

unbinary
Level 2

Unfortunately, I do not have either of those things.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Ouch!!

No tapes at all?  or you never backed up the media server?   or don't know which BKF files contain that data?

If these really aren't available, the only thing I can think of would be to script something up, but I'm not much on scripting so can't help there