cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete the original backup job once the duplicate job completes?

Jen25ca
Level 2
I am performing a backup-to-disk, followed by a 'duplicate job' to tape. How do I delete the original backup job (on disk) automatically once the duplicate job (to tape) completes?
3 REPLIES 3

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
You need to delete the backup sets(on disk) manually, presently there is no feature to automatically delete the backup sets that are on backup-to-disk folder.

Hope this clarifies,
If you have additional concerns or doubts do reply to this post for further assistance.

Note: We suggest you to update us on the issue within two business days, else we will assume that the issue is resolved and will archive this post.

Thanks.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Ross_Smith
Level 4
There's no way to do this automatically, but my work around for this was to create a 'Temporary' media pool with only a 24hour overwrite protection period.

Any jobs that I only want a tape copy of I target to this pool. The only thing to watch out for is that if a tape copy fails, you've only got a few hours to re-try before the data is overwritten.

Ross