cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ensure that different versions of files are being saved on my continuous protection server?

SLY_CV
Level 3

I have a Continuous Protection Server running and a File share that is continuously backed up to the CPS.

When I added a test text file CPSText.txt to my file share. I went to restore on the Continuous Protection Server and was able to select CPSText.txt. However when I edited the file to say "version 2" as its contents, I only saw the latest version on my CPS Server.

How do I make sure that I am able to restore any version of a file using Continuous Protection Server.

Both servers are windows 2008 Standard Server R2 x64.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Snapshot of backup destination is created at regular intervals. This can be configured by going to properties of the backup destination. Everytime a snapshot is created, a new version of changed file is generated. You can use CPS console to restore a different version of a file.

Please mark it a solution if this is useful.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Snapshot of backup destination is created at regular intervals. This can be configured by going to properties of the backup destination. Everytime a snapshot is created, a new version of changed file is generated. You can use CPS console to restore a different version of a file.

Please mark it a solution if this is useful.

Thanks