cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know which agents I have (licensed)?

Jack_A_Roe
Level 3

Hopefully this is a very easy question, though I don't find the answer via Google. I have Backup Exec 12 for Windows Server but I don't know which agents I have license for (or bought) and/or installed on my servers (the last part I can examine myself); surely there's a easy way to check that in the Backup Exec application?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Jack,

There is a licensing tool you can run from within BE itself. This gives you a run-down on the number of agents installed/needed, and the agents installed.

You can then take this and compare it with the # of agents licensed by your company.

You should find the tool under Tools...it is supported from BE 12 and up.

Laters!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

To know about your licensing information you can call licensing support number 18003272232 & then please dial 1 & then 2 & give your customer identity number

Also in backupexec you can go to tool -install option & license keys

If this help you please mark this as solved

Thank You

CraigV

Hi Jack,

There is a licensing tool you can run from within BE itself. This gives you a run-down on the number of agents installed/needed, and the agents installed.

You can then take this and compare it with the # of agents licensed by your company.

You should find the tool under Tools...it is supported from BE 12 and up.

Laters!

Jack_A_Roe
Level 3

Thanks for replying.

When I go to "Install Option and Licence Keys on this Media Server...", the list in "Accepted licence keys" box are the (amongst other things) Remote Agents I've actually paid for (or are otherwise eligible to install)?

I just want to make this clear, since the list is not what I expected. Appreciate any response.

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Does that mean you are not sure about how many remote agent licenses you can install as in tool-option-licnese key you only see one remote agent for windows server is that you what you are asking

Thank You

Jack_A_Roe
Level 3

Ok, the License Assessment Tool what exactly what I needed. Thanks all!

CraigV

Jack, BELAT.exe will show you what is installed, and the # of agents used, along with the # of agents you would need in order to true-up...