cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I verify all resources are backed up

Guy_Harper
Level 2
I am attempting to verify that all servers on my 2 Windows 2003 domains are backed up. What is the best way to handle this? Attempts to run bemcmd commands -.o506 results in excessive data. Bemcmd -o402 cannot get output in txt or xls output. Still have to take results and compare it against additional scripts.

Environment - Three media servers running BackupExec 9.1
Two Windows 2003 domains.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Perhaps the middle option on the logging level, that lists shares and directories, but not file names?

Even the Summary Only log level will indicate Server\Share or database name and total bytes for each job step

Guy_Harper
Level 2
Maybe I was not clear. My ultimate goal is to verify that all the servers in the domain as well as all the drives are backed up. For the purposes of this question I am not concerned if a device was successfully backed up but more that all the servers in the domain are backed up and all the drives are contained within at least one job on one of the three media servers. I am not concerned about file level but more Server and drive level.

Ultimately, I need something will tell me if a new server is placed onto the network or a new drive is added to a server that it is included in my backups.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
OK,

I'll have to think about this for a while.

(Maybe one of the Canned Reports would do the trick)Message was edited by:
Ken Putnam