cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you configure your backup to disk media and device rules!?

SgtSplacker
Level 2
Hi I have been looking around for how to setup my backup to disk media and device rules and I find plenty of explainations on how the features work but nothing brings home a point like seeing some examples that are actually working for people. I believe that the designers of things like this have an idea of how they want their product used that goes beyond the instructions provided. This is the information I am looking for.

I would like to see some examples of how other admins have their Media and devices configured. I would like a daily, weekly and monthly retention but i'm not even sure if Backup Exec 12.5 works best like this. Please do not post unless your solution is working flawlessly (no failed restore jobs).

Here is some info on my environment:

Backup Exec 12.5
Backing up to disk over the network
Want to perform full backups except for the daily backups.
Want daily, weekly and monthly retention if possible
3 REPLIES 3

SgtSplacker
Level 2
No biggie but if any poster has the time id love to see why you have chosed certain options so that I may understand how this works better. I mean I do understand how it works kinda, I just think theres something missing becuase I have no idea how to control disk space used so i'm assuming i'm missing a huge part of the picture.

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi
first step is read the manual. Manual lets you understand how BE works.

Regards

JoaoMatos

SgtSplacker
Level 2

Thx for the help Matos..