cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restore to an exchange Recovery Storage Group

KT32707
Not applicable
I am trying to recover email to an exchange Recovery Storage Group. I have created the storage group in exchange, it is not mounted. When I perform the restore, it puts the file in the active storage group instead of the recovery storage group. How do I get it to restore to the Recovery Storage Group?

I am using backup exec 10d with exchange 2003.

The help on this function is very vague. Says something like choose the appropriate settings.
2 REPLIES 2

Jim_Bruce
Level 3
You need to use the Exchange System manager.  Once in there, navigate through the tree to your servers and to your RSG.  Right click the RSG,  choose Properties and select the Database tab.  Check the box for “This database can be overwritten by a  restore”.  Again, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you are on the Mailbox Store listed under the Recovery Storage Group and NOT the one listed under the First Storage Group, as they are named the same.  That is the key to making the restore go to the RSG.

damiansmith
Level 0

For the recovery process of EDB data Exchange, EDB Recovery Tool is the best solution that allows you to recover the data from damaged EDB files and convert it into a new PST file along with email, draft, task, attachment, contact, notes, calendar, and many more. Before the actual conversion, it shows the preview of the recovered mailbox without any difficulty. Using it you can store your data into several interesting file formats such as PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCal, vCard, and HTML. The user migrates single as well as multiple files at one time by taking the help of this recovery application.

Visit at: https://www.osttopstapp.com/exchange-recovery.html