cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How inept can Symantec be?

Keith_W__Hare
Level 4

This morning, at 5:00 AM my time, I received a series of mail messages from "Enterprise Technical Support" with the subject "Sandbox: Your Symantec Enterprise Support Services," one for each of our current Backup Exec server and agent support contracts. It would have been much more useful to have received a single mail message with a table listing all of our support contracts, but whatever.

Then there is the paragraph that says:

We also have outlined a list of important reference information resources here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/S:PROC1504

The link takes me to a page that says:

The URL you've tried isn't returning content. There are two possibilities:

So, I get too many mail messages that don't give me much information, and the included link doesn't work.

How inept can Symantec be?

Keith

4 REPLIES 4

mrnaturl
Level 3

than you're experiencing.

So inept that I'm willign to lose the money I paid Symantec in May for BE2012 and move to a different vendor.

Good luck with this company .... you're going to need it!

pkokkinis
Level 3

I got two, one at 5:42 AM CST for my EPP and one at 5:45 AM CST for my BE2012. Obviously, someone didn't check their email before sending en masse. Didn't bother me, my phone notifications are off for everything but ringer when I'm sleeping.

herve_lequippe
Level 4
Employee

Keith and all, 

As Symantec continuously works to improve our customer support experience, we have recently been conducting testing on our case management system.

Over the past day, enterprise and small-to-mid-sized business customers and partners may have received a welcome email with reference to their existing support entitlements with Symantec.

This email was sent in error.

Customers are not required to take any action at this time and should disregard the email.

We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this email may have caused

Hervé Lequippe

Director Regional Product Management EMEA

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Keith for pointing this out. As Herve mentions, this communication was unintentionally sent out from Enterprise Technical Support, and they've sent a follow-up letter to everyone who was affected. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact enterprise technical support.

We appreciate your patience, and apologize for the 5:00 emails.

The Connect Team