cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How t to find backup method (agent related methods)

chatravin
Level 3

Hi, 

Suppose you open BE admin console and see there are multiple Backup jobs. How can one determine which backup method (including agentless, agent-based or agent-assisted) each job is set upon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There are only two circumstances where the BE remote agent is not used for a backup.

1) For devices like NAS which are impossible to load the remote agent.

2) For VM's which either GRT are not supported or not required.

All other backups use the remote agent.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
There is no way of knowing this by looking a the job monitor. You would probably have to go into every single job and check. Thanks!

Thank you CraigV for your help but could you please explain in detail where should I exactly find that? I'm a beginner in Backup Exec and using it in trial mode.

(I should applogize for my weak English and implicit impoliteness if undrestood so!)

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
No impoliteness in what you're saying or asking, don't worry. It's a straight-forward question :) You would need to open up a job that's running in the job monitor and take a look.

Again thanks for your help CraigV, but I couldn't find what I was looking for in the "edit form" of the backup job or in the job history and job log  but just the version of the agent installed on the server being backuped.

As far as I know BE uses agents in agent-based backups and in virtual machine backup jobs as agent-assisted method. My question is  where and under what situatuions is agentless backup method used in backing up servers? Is it just used in file and folder backup or it could be used in server backup too?

and of course thanks a lot in advance Smiley Happy

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There are only two circumstances where the BE remote agent is not used for a backup.

1) For devices like NAS which are impossible to load the remote agent.

2) For VM's which either GRT are not supported or not required.

All other backups use the remote agent.