cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export Catalog - Backup Exec 15 Win Server 2012 R2 STD

Jafre_Santana
Level 2

Hello All!

We need to create a specific job, that we have to save on a .txt or .xls file, a list with all files backed up.

Checking articles, I have seen some mentions of Catalog Tools, but only to 2010 and 2012 versions. 

Can you please help me to export the catalog file?

We are using Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Backup Exec 15 

Thanks and Regards,
Jafre

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

To get a list of the files backed up you can click on the BE button > Configuration & Settings > Backup Exec Settings > Job Logs. then choose "Summary information, directories, files,and file details" from here you can also choose how to email the job logs. Either as HTML or as text. This can be turned on when you want it for specific jobs and then should be turned off after you get the data you want since the log is very large

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try this version of CatTools for BE 2014.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH222803

I am not aware of any newer version of this tool for BE 15.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

To get a list of the files backed up you can click on the BE button > Configuration & Settings > Backup Exec Settings > Job Logs. then choose "Summary information, directories, files,and file details" from here you can also choose how to email the job logs. Either as HTML or as text. This can be turned on when you want it for specific jobs and then should be turned off after you get the data you want since the log is very large

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try this version of CatTools for BE 2014.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH222803

I am not aware of any newer version of this tool for BE 15.

Jafre_Santana
Level 2

Hi!

Thanks lmosla and pkh, both solutions worked fine. 

The method mentioned by Imosla, gave me a automatic and powerful way to do, once I've configured e-mail notifications and job log with all information on an HTML format.

Thanks and Regards,

Jafre