cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup BE12.5

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

We are using BE 12.5. It's installed on Dell Server; Operating Syatem is Windows Server 2003. My Question is If the server hardware/OS corrupetd. How to recover my Backup Server without any loss. If i need to backup my Backup server. How do perform this.

Rgds,

vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to backup the ENTIRE C: drive of the media server and the system state.  Make sure you include the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory in the backup.

To recover your server, restore the C: drive and the system state and then reboot the server.  Read the preparing for disaster recovery section of the Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory.

You might also want to read the section on IDR and use it to aid your recovery.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to backup the ENTIRE C: drive of the media server and the system state.  Make sure you include the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory in the backup.

To recover your server, restore the C: drive and the system state and then reboot the server.  Read the preparing for disaster recovery section of the Admin Guide which can be found in the BE installation directory.

You might also want to read the section on IDR and use it to aid your recovery.