cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup data to network share

DukeR
Level 2

Hi everyone

I know that questions seems to be silly for you but for me it is not due to I don't work often with BE? I've got a EMC Data Domain system which is attached to the network of the customer but which is not AD integrated.

How and where do I add the share credentials (local EMC Data Domain User NO ADS user) to backup exec that he is able to access the designated network share?

I would be really thankful for a detailed explanation of this.

Thank you very much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It is the other way round. You should add the BE credential to the DD as a local admin with full read/write access to the entire device

View solution in original post

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Not being AD integrated makes this very difficult to do as the BE service account has to be able to access the share in order to use it as a B2D (Backup to disk)  location and the BE service account will usually be a domain admin.

You might be able to get it to work by changing the service account to the format of .\Account instead of DOMAIN\Account and then create a user account on the EMC that has the same name and password as the domain one ( I can't however guarantee this won't give more problems)

The best option would really be present a LUN on the EMC over iSCSI to the BE server and use that as the B2D location (much easier to configure and get working then over CIFS shares)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

VJware
Level 6

Have a look @ this KB article as well -

Configuring share level backup jobs in Backup Exec 2012 or later - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH189560

DukeR
Level 2

Thanks for your posts. First I dont want to backup from shares, I want to backup to a share.

I did check the threads mentioned but unfortunately there is noting useful..

pkh
   VIP    Certified
It is the other way round. You should add the BE credential to the DD as a local admin with full read/write access to the entire device

Colin_Weaver

Not being AD integrated makes this very difficult to do as the BE service account has to be able to access the share in order to use it as a B2D (Backup to disk)  location and the BE service account will usually be a domain admin.

You might be able to get it to work by changing the service account to the format of .\Account instead of DOMAIN\Account and then create a user account on the EMC that has the same name and password as the domain one ( I can't however guarantee this won't give more problems)

The best option would really be present a LUN on the EMC over iSCSI to the BE server and use that as the B2D location (much easier to configure and get working then over CIFS shares)