cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup to tape from Exagrid with BE 12.5

Mkfeff
Level 2
Hi--

We are trying to run a backup job to tape of our vRanger backups that are initially made to our Exagrid data deduplication server.  We are unable to access the shares from the Exagrid device through backup exec.  We have tried setting up the shares as manually items in the selection lists but continue to receive the following error:

Error category    : Security Errors
Error : e000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65065 Has anyone successfully done this? Is there any way to backup from a NAS type device without using an agent? Thanks, Mike
3 REPLIES 3

max_lord_2
Level 2
Mike

I backup the vRanger shares on my Exagrid  using the User-defined Selections in BE.  Just create a user defined selection in BE using the IP address of the Exagrid node containing the share/shares you would like to backup.  Then create a backup job the way you normally would using the user defined selection.  It does take a little time for BE to create the user defined selection and it also takes a minute or two to expand the selection when you create a backup job but this works for me.

teiva-boy
Level 6
This could also be an authentication issue too.  Make sure that the BE service account has access to the exagrid NAS.

In BE2010, there will be some trick integration into Exagrid units to facilitate dedupe, replication, and copy to tape.  But you'll need the dedupe license in BE2010 as well.

Mkfeff
Level 2
Thanks for the info.  I tried that, however I am unsure what account to use to access the shares.  I have tried multiple accounts that are set up on the Exagrid and none of them seem to work.