cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the job status in Symantec Backup Exec 12.5

SauraTripathy
Level 2

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and hence not sure whether a solution is available to the above mentioned query. Please guide me accordingly.

The Job status in the Backup Exec 12.5 console is showing as "Failed". Earlier it used to be "Completed with Exceptions". The backup remains the same and the job is running good. While taking the backup of NetApp shares it is unable to use its Remote Agent and hence showing the backup as "Failed".

OS ; Windows 2003 SP2 Ent Edition X86

Thanks and regards,

Saura Tripathy

5 REPLIES 5

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

You are backing up the NAS i presume from user defined selection list

If you are backing up from user defined selection ensure you disable the ndmp service on NAS

Also if you could post the job log here would be great

Thanks

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked the below article.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17377

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You will always get this message because you do not and cannot install RAWS on the NAS drive.  You would have to live with it.

I do hope that you have purchase a RAWS licence to backup your NAS drive.  It is need to comply with licencing terms even though you are not installing the RAWS on the NAS drive.

SauraTripathy
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. Please find below the logs.

e000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.

V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine abcd10.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
WARNING: Media servers cannot completely protect remote Windows-based servers or workstations unless the Backup Exec Remote Agent is installed and running on each remote Windows-based server or workstation to be protected. Data loss can occur if the Remote Agent is not running while backing up remote Windows-based computers.

Thanks and regards,

Saura Tripathy

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As PKH mentioned you will get the above message but all the data will be backed up.

You may open Restore window to check the backup sest to be sure if the data is backed up correctly