cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a VRTSralus response file.

SER-VIS_s_r_l_
Level 3

Good morning.

I'm looking for istructions/documents about response files to automate VRTSralus installation on RedHat 6. Ralus installer seems to provide sorts of automated installation options but I'm not able to find any reference about it on BE2012 Admin guide.

Mainly, I'm looking for info about "-pkgpath " and "-responsefile" switches.

[root@repo ralus]# ./installralus --help

Usage: installralus [ <system1> <system2>... ]
        [ -installonly ]
        [ -configure ]
        [ -responsefile <response_file> ]
        [ -forcelocal ]
        [ -logdir <log-and-response-file-directory> ]
        [ -pkgpath <pkg_path> ]
        [ -logfile <log-file-location-and-name> ]
        [ -tmppath <tmp_path> ]
        [ -usessh ]
        [ -hostspace <hostname>:/<larger_volume> ]

The -installonly option is used to install product packages on systems without configuration.
The -configure option is used to configure a product following use of the -installonly option.
The -responsefile option is used to perform an automated installations which install and configure using information stored in a file rather than prompting for information. <response_file> is the full path of the file which contains configuration information.
The -logdir option permits specification of a particular directory where VxIF is to place the log and response files.  For example: -logdir /tmp/log
The -pkgpath option is used to eliminate the step of copying packages to each system.  <pkg_path> is the complete path of a directory, usually NFS mounted, which contains all packages to be installed by installralus on all systems.
The -logfile option permits the designation of the name and location of the file to contain the log file.  For example: -logfile /tmp/stuff/install.log
The -tmppath option is used to select a directory other than /var/tmp/vxif as the working directory for installralus.  This destination is where initial logging is performed and where  are copied on remote systems before installation.
The -usessh option is used when ssh and scp are to be used for communication between systems instead of rsh and rcp. The -usessh option requires that systems be pre-configured such that ssh commands between systems execute without prompting for passwords or confirmations.
The -forcelocal option is used to install the software on the local machine only.
The -hostspace option provides specification of specific target volumes for extracting archives.  For example: -hostspace hostname:/larger_volume.

Can someone help me?

2 REPLIES 2

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

I was unable to find much information on how to edit/modify it. I was able to find this: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/silent-ralus-install-linux-agent . The location where you'll find those scripts would be in the RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-____.tar.gz >> Scripts folder. 

SER-VIS_s_r_l_
Level 3

Well... It seems to be another things.
I'm looking for instruction on how to compile a response file to submit to installralus.sh...

Something similar to ones saved at the end of installation... Like this:

#
# Installation Context
#

[context]

TASK = install
PROGRAM = installralus
PRODUCT =
USESSH = 0
SYSTEMS = myhost.mydomain
NOCONFIG =
UPI = RALUS