cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a second backup job to clear the transaction logs

Bit_Banger
Level 2

V-79-40960-37914 - Database wsrm is configured to maintain transaction logs.  Transaction log backups are not being ...

I have read that creating a second SQL backup will take care of the transaction logs. The database is MICROSOFT##SSEE
a Windows dB that is created if SQL is not on the server when loading Backup Exec. TIA Any methods that will help clear the eror would be nice. I am doing a full system backup when this happens. I have the SQL License that costs extra with Backup Exec 2012.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2012 does not allow you to run a log backup on its own.  You would have to create a job to do a database backup of this problem database and then add an incremental job which specifies log backup.

BE 2012 - edit job properties.png

BE 2012 - add job.png

BE 2012 - SQL log backup.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Please refer to the following technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126063 : A database backup completes with exception: V-79-40960-37914 - Database DATABASENAME is configured to maintain transaction logs. Transaction log backups are not being performed

So basically what you have to do is create another backup job for that server and select only the SQL databases and then select the type of SQL backup as Log backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2012 does not allow you to run a log backup on its own.  You would have to create a job to do a database backup of this problem database and then add an incremental job which specifies log backup.

BE 2012 - edit job properties.png

BE 2012 - add job.png

BE 2012 - SQL log backup.png