Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete old server name from selection list information from BEWS 2010 R2

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

I need an urgent help with deleting an old server information from the selection list.

The client had an old fileserver that he was backing up. He changed the selection list to a new server since the old one crashed.

The old server has been deleted from the favorites list.

But in the backup resource credentials I still get the old server name listed and I cannot delete it. From the Install Agents and Options on media server, the old file server is not listed there.

I do not want to delete and recreate the job as an easy way out.

How do I remove the old server name from being published on the Media server.

I have tried redirecting a selection to another server from my environment yet i do not have this issue.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sbora
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In the backup selection list, click on "View Selection Details" tab, highlight the old server name (or entries associated with old server name) and click on Delete button. Submit the job to save the changes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB

Have you tried removing the server from the text view of the selection list.

sbora
Level 6

In the backup selection list, click on "View Selection Details" tab, highlight the old server name (or entries associated with old server name) and click on Delete button. Submit the job to save the changes.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Click on View selections tab in the backup job properties window and delete anything related to the old server. Once done the resource credentials related to that server also should get deleted automatically.

Regards....

EDIT: Today this is third time....... I AM LATE 

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Sobra, Kiran,

Thank you for the responses. It wasan oversite on my part. i will check this and delete accordingly.

Kiran, sorry for delaying you.

Thanx again.