cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete over writable media

Nysoh
Level 5

Hi All,

I have nearly 1TB of overwritable media (daily meida); delete option is grayed out for this and I am unable to delete this.

Could some one explain please how to delete these sets. I have also tick the box from Tools - > Media management ->none.

Help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nysoh

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Click on Tools->Options->Media managment->select use recycable media before using scratch media.

Also there is no need to delete the media, since it is ovewritable it will be used for the next 

overwrite operation. If you want to delete the contents of the media then run an erase job.

Nysoh
Level 5

they are there since last year, I beleive Tools->Options->Media managment->select use recycable media before using scratch media is not checked.

Could you explian more please about deleting the content?

Thanks 

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

Right Clicl on the media and run a quick erase job which will delete the contents of the media

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should set Tools - > Media management to at least Partial.  Otherwise, your backup media is not protected.  BE will use any media regardless of the OPP setting.

If you do not select Use recycleable media in the media set before using scratch media, then BE will create a new .bkf file every time it needs to write to a media rather than re-use the .bkf that is overwriteable. This means that your B2D folder will fill up and you will eventually run out of space. 

If you want to delete a .bkf file, move it to the Retired Media set.  After the move, you can delete it by right-clicking on it and selecting delete.  After you have deleted the .bkf file from BE, you can then go to the disk and physically delete it.

If you set up your OPP correctly and have selected Use recycleable media in the media set before using scratch media then you don't have to delete any .bkf files.  BE will re-use those .bkf whose OPP has expired and be overwritten.

Nysoh
Level 5

Thanks both for the advise,

I can't see any option in the media to erase the jon, please see the attached captured snapshot:

Could you advise please?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on your media (as you have done in your screenshot) and click on Associate with media set.  After this assocciate the media with Retired media.  Now the media will be in the Retired media set.  Click on the Retired media set and right-click on the media, Delete would not be greyed out and you can click on it to delete the media.