How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.
Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers recover quickly from critical data loss situations, and easily meet data regulatory requirements.
By leveraging Veritas Backup Exec in the cloud as well as on-premises, you gain a unified and efficient data protection experience. Deploying Veritas Backup Exec via marketplace frees businesses from purchasing and managing IT infrastructure and enables them to move to a more cost-efficient operational expense (OpEx) model.
To learn “What’s New” with Backup Exec, visit the Veritas Backup Exec webpage.
Steps to deploy the Veritas Backup Exec in AWS Marketplace:
Through the AWS Marketplace, you can easily and quickly deploy the Veritas Backup Exec.
1. Visit AWS Marketplace and click on “Continue to Subscribe” to use Veritas Backup Exec.
Note: This is the Veritas Backup Exec for AWS BYOL.
2. Click “Continue” to take you to the AWS portal. Log in to the AWS portal and click “Continue to Configuration”.
3. Set the Delivery Method to “Backup Exec Base Instance”, Software Version to the latest version of Veritas Backup Exec available, and Region to your desired region, then click on “Continue to Launch”.
4. Select Choose Action as “Launch CloudFormation” and Click on “Launch”.
5. On the CloudFormation screen, the default template will be selected in “Specify template”, to create a stack, click on “Next”
6. Specify stack details such as instance type, username, password, key name and CIDR block, etc. Click on “Next”.
7. Provide an appropriate option in the “Configure stack options” screen and click on “Next
8. Review details on the “Review” screen and click on “create stack”
9. The Marketplace “Stack Creation Progress” screen will appear.
10. Once stack creation is completed successfully, select the instance from AWS Instances Services and click on connect and download the RDP file to connect to the Virtual Machine.
11. Your Veritas Backup Exec server is now running and you are ready to use Veritas Backup Exec 60 days trial Version.