cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy the Exchange Agent in Backup Exec

qiblatain
Level 5
Dear all,

Can you please guide me, how to deploy the Exchange Agent in Backup Exec ?
Please tell me some simple steps.

Thanks to all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to tools-->install agents and media servers on other servers-->Select the Exchange Server, select Remote Agent and AOFO (Reboot required)...

After deploying the remote agent, we need special permissions for the Backup Exec Service Account:

Hello,

Create a new account in AD named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and oprn it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Open Backup Exec, go to TOOLS--Logon Accounts and Change the Logon Account to "symantec", make sure that "system Logon Account" and "Default Logon Account" is symantec.

Now restore any individual item from exchange backups.

Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

tech29
Level 6
You just need to push the RAWS (remote agent) on the exchange server and add the exchange agent license key on the backup exec media server.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253168.htm

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,
tech29.

Please mark this as solution if this resolves the issue.

tech29
Level 6
Hi there,

Do you have anymore queries on this?

If no then could you please mark the post as solution so as to close this discussion?

Regards,
tech29

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
If push install of remote agent doesn't work, try manual installation. Refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

qiblatain
Level 5
Dear tech29,

Thanks a lot for your support, but i will do that work on Tuesday, On that day i will confirm you.
But if you want to close that discussion, i repeat my understanding, then you can guide me if  i am wrong or if O.K, then can close the discussion.

On the Backup Exec Server Software" I have to go to the Tools menu of the Backup Exec console, then i have to select the option ' install agents and media servers on other servers '  OR ' install options and license keys'. After this step we have to add the license key on Backup Exec Server.

In this way an agent is deployed?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response. 

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to tools-->install agents and media servers on other servers-->Select the Exchange Server, select Remote Agent and AOFO (Reboot required)...

After deploying the remote agent, we need special permissions for the Backup Exec Service Account:

Hello,

Create a new account in AD named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and oprn it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Open Backup Exec, go to TOOLS--Logon Accounts and Change the Logon Account to "symantec", make sure that "system Logon Account" and "Default Logon Account" is symantec.

Now restore any individual item from exchange backups.

Hope this helps...

JBruyet
Level 2
...I'm trying to install the Exchange Agent too and I'm not having any luck. I've tried the methods mentioned above but the agent won't install. I tried the initial instructions provided by tech29 but when I got to "Figure 4" no additional options were available. When I tried the "Manual / Silent" instructions provided by AmolZeroCool I saw the "black screen" for about a second and then it went away. I checked in Services just in case and the Agent Service isn't there. Dev T's instructions are the same as tech29's. I'm trying to install the agent from Backup Exec 11d running on a ProLiant DL360G5 with Windows Server 2003R2. The Exchange Server is 2007 running on a DL360 G5 with Windows Server 2k3 x64. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! 

Sorry for the hijack,

Joe B  

Dev_T
Level 6
As its a 64 bit server : Copy RAWSx64 and MSXML folders over and run setup.exe from RAWSx64 folder