cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "Security Alert - Driver Installation" prompt during BE 2010 Remote Agent push

Ken_Wells
Level 3

The remote agent install pauses at 50% while waiting for someone to manually click "OK" to the "Security Alert - Driver Installation" prompt on each machine.  So I mstc /admin into each box, the alert dialog is invisible but you can see the outline of it, and I click around until I hit the right spot. How can I push out hotfixes, etc without having to log onto each box? (>= Win2003; media server is Win 2008 R2 SS).

Thanks, Kenny

4 REPLIES 4

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

This is indeed strange. Are you trying to upgrade the RAWS on the VMWare Virtual machines or are they physical servers. Did you see any Driver Installation process in the Task Manager or do you have any screenshot of this problem you are facing?

teiva-boy
Level 6

My guess is some sort of Group Policy/security setting is in place causing this.  

Ken_Wells
Level 3

Thank you both for your reply.  This happens for both physical and virtual servers and yes you can see the "Security Alert" in the Task bar/manager.  I did find a domain level policy Computer / Security / Local Policies / Devices / "Unsigned driver installation behavior" = "Warn but allow installation".  Short of disabling this setting, do you know why perhaps the driver is not signed or how to correct?  Thanks, Kenny

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

With Windows 2008 MS doesn't allow to install Unsigned drivers due to security reasons. Anything that needs installation needs to have elavted permission now.