Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude files with wildcards

Gerd_Pacensky
Level 2
Hi,

I tried many alternatives, to exclude the following files:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Administrator\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.42\security.config.cch.12476...
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\enterpriesesec.config.cch.12476...
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\security.config.cch.6404...

These files all have in common ".config.cch.", but the numbers in the file names alter.

My last try was:

\\*\*\?\*.config.cch.*  /SUBDIR  /EXCLUDE

I thought this would exclude any file with ".config.cch." as part of it's name, located at \\any server\any directory\any number of subdirectories. But these files are still noted as in use by BE. Could someone please help me in understanding the syntax of excluding files in BE?

I'm using 12.5 on a Windows 2003 server.

Thanks and regards,
Gerd
1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

well if you just specify the top of the volume with *config.cch* /SUBDIR /EXCLUDE in it then it will block all instances files with that string in the name of the file anywhere on the volume.

I just did a test with e:\*config.cch /SUBDIR /EXCLUDE as my exclude syntax
and the backup selection was E:\test\*.* /SUBDIR

The test folder contained:
testfile.txt
testexclude.config.cch.1234
Copy of testexclude.config.1234

Only 2 files were backed up. - the missing one was the one that contained config.cch

Which just leaves you with teh syntax for hot to specify any serv and any voluem 

(My tests were a volume local to the media server)