cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to figure out the size of one full backup of an enviroment?

FTroppenz
Level 2

Hi,

a customer wants to know the amount of backup data on a monthly base. I tried to use the report feature but I did not get any usable information.

Next idea was to use BECli and figure out the amount of data copied sucessfully to tape monthly. (only one full per client)

BEAgentServer | get-BEJobHistory -JobType duplicate -JobStatus succeeded -Storage "Robotic libary 0001" -FromStartTime 15.05.2017 -ToStartime 14.06.2017 | select -unique | sort name, totaldatasizebytes, starttime | export-csv -path c:\tmp\Datenmenge.csv -NoTypeInformation -encoding UTF8

It works without the "-Storage". I used "-Storage" @($storage[4]) the result of get-storage

Perhaps there is a better or different solution

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FTroppenz
Level 2

My solution is:

Get-BEJobHistory -JobType duplicate -Storage (Get-BEStorage -Name "Tape*")  -JobStatus succeeded -FromStartTime (get-date).AddDays(-30) -ToStartTime (get-date) | select -unique | sort name  | select -Property name, storagename, starttime, totaldatasizebytes |  export-csv -path c:\tmp\Data.csv -NoTypeInformation -encoding UTF8

The problem was that "Robotic libary 0001" is not recognized as a storage. (Tape001+Tape002 are)

The customer has two tapedrives in his libary and they are used once a month for outsourcing a successful full of every server.

I discarded to solve this with SQL queries.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

You may create customer reports and choose following fields from Category "Job History Group"

image.png

Then add filter of start and end date like following (you may specify one month rage):

image.png

Then group by "server"

image.png 

Then sort if by "Total Data Size"

image.png

You may also specify the "Graph Options"

image.png

Thanks and Regards,

Riyaj

Thank you for your answer, but this gives me every single backup, incremental or full for every server.

result.png

My "wish" is to get the amount of data from one full backup of all (~110) servers. The full backups are not on one day, they are spreaded over the week. So if I could filter something like "show me the amount of data from fulls of last week" would help. I cant´t find the filter for "backup type (full, diff, inc)" in the reports.

FTroppenz
Level 2

My solution is:

Get-BEJobHistory -JobType duplicate -Storage (Get-BEStorage -Name "Tape*")  -JobStatus succeeded -FromStartTime (get-date).AddDays(-30) -ToStartTime (get-date) | select -unique | sort name  | select -Property name, storagename, starttime, totaldatasizebytes |  export-csv -path c:\tmp\Data.csv -NoTypeInformation -encoding UTF8

The problem was that "Robotic libary 0001" is not recognized as a storage. (Tape001+Tape002 are)

The customer has two tapedrives in his libary and they are used once a month for outsourcing a successful full of every server.

I discarded to solve this with SQL queries.

Amrish_BE_PM
Level 3
Employee

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This should work from a SQL command line.. This gives you total bytes written by all successful full backup jobs in past 30 days.

use BEDB
declare @GB bigint
EXEC @GB = CalculateCapacity
select @GB