cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate the backed up Tape(LT0-3) on Backup Exec

eric_chong1
Level 2

on my case, Tapes (LT0-3) were backed up by Windows Server 2003 R2 - "NTBackup".

My ex-colleague had associated the Windows server 2003 R2 in Symantec Backup Exec 2012 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2. However, some of backed up Tape can be restored on Backup Exec, some could't be restored due to no found the catalog, Even though select the "Catalog" fuction, it has no response.

So my question is How to Regenarate the catalog from the backed up tape by NTbackup in Symantec Backup Exec 2012.

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

HAve you made sure the date range for your restore is corect? Backup Exec sometimes selects a random date range.

That said, there might also be a chance the data can't be restored if the tape is old or damaged for instance.

Thanks!

eric_chong1
Level 2

Hi CraigV,

Sure, those restored succcefully base on the date of backed up in old archived server 2003 R2, However, some tape (LT0-3) can't be found the backed up date in BE12 so that tapes must go back to the HP LT0-3 backup machine connecting with server 2003 R2 and utilized NTBackup to restore without any error pop up.

For BE12 i am using, restore the the old tapes which backed up by NTBackup, select the time duration for the tape backed up date, and then BE12 will show the catalog for selection.

"Backup Exec sometimes selects a random date range" ? Does it (BE12) base on specific backed up date (Read the MFT format), how randomly date rage.