cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a tape to be overwriteable and appendable

Cat_Adams
Level 5

I am noticing that when I rotate my tapes out for the "Full" backup weekly,  I erase the tapes prior to the backups.  I put the tapes in the correct media group and they are overwriteable BUT it is also "Not applendable".  The tapes have to be appendable to get all the backup sets on these tapes.

What am I doing wrong?  I am not getting a good backup to tape.

Thanks

Cathy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dont place the tapes in a media set.. Associate them with scratch media and allow backup exec to pull and associate the tape. The App associated with the media set will be applied tape when it is written to. 

Have you set an append period for the media set?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Dont place the tapes in a media set.. Associate them with scratch media and allow backup exec to pull and associate the tape. The App associated with the media set will be applied tape when it is written to. 

Have you set an append period for the media set?

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the status of the Tape is Overwritable, it cannot be appended to. The first operation allowed on a scratch/overwritable Tape is overwite. Then next operation can be append.

Cat_Adams
Level 5

Thank you both.  As always, this is one of the best community forums around. Maybe one day I too can contribute to this.

Have a great week.

Cathy

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified