cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SharePoint Server support??

tstay
Level 3
I downloaded the updates from http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/289711.htm for the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server support. But after installing and restarting my server, I don't see any difference from the application and the backup that I created. I go to Help | About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers | Installed Updates to see the list of installed updates. But there are only 2 entries (Service Pack 2 and Hot Fix 27). I tried running the Live Update, but it prompts me that all of the Symantec products installed on my computer are currently up-to-date.

I need the SharePoint support. What should I do? I need to backup my SharePoint server, and be able to restore files that are on SharePoint. What can I do? Or is this application unable to provide me that support? If so, should I find a more helpful backup application and abandon this useless application?
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
What is the revision number in the Help -> About section?  If it is 6235, those patches did not apply to your revision of Backup Exec. The MOSS 2007 support was added to Rev 7170.  All you will need to do is download the latest full version of the install package and then run LiveUpdate or install the patches manually.  You can download the install files from either backupexec.com or fileconnect.symantec.com

tstay
Level 3
Yes, mine is 6235. I went to fileconnect.symantec.com, and it asked me for the serial number associated with the product. I entered my 16 digits serial number, but it didn't seem to recognise. So I went to backupexec.com,  and I only see the free 60-day (or 30-day) evaluation available for download. Do I download that?

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Yes, the eval version is what you would download from backupexec.com.  During the install it should find your current serial numbers, so you will not need to worry about that.