cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the RAWS32 from BE 2012 on an W2000 SP4 Server

michael_schindl
Level 3
Partner

Ok, i now that it is an old Operating System , but the Customer needs this Server at the Moment . 

When i try to install the Remote Agent on the Server and i try to start the Setup.exe the i become the error : it is not an valid Win32 application. 

Gives it an Trick to install the BE2012 Remote Agent on an W2000 SP4 Server ? 

Thanks . 

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Michael,

BE 2012 does not support backing up Windows 2000 servers. So we can not install Remote Agent of BE 2012 on that server.

If customer is willing to back it up then they can install Remote agent of BE 2010 R3 and backup using BE 2010 R3 or BE 2012 as BE 2012 will be one version backward compatible.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Colin_Weaver

To get the 2010 R3 agent though they will have to download the full 2010 R3 and install it on a test box and then they will have to patch that server to latest patch levels before copying away the various RAWS install folders.

Please also be aware that support will be on a reasonable efforts basis with this configuiration as we can't really provide full support for this setup.

michael_schindl
Level 3
Partner
Hello , Ist not working because the RAWS32 from Backup Exec 2010 R3 Needs .Net Framework 3.5 and this cant install on W2000 SP4 Server :(

mmeeggaann
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Sush...

I'm in a similar situation (trying to back up a Win2000 server with BE2012). 
I installed the BE2010 R3 agent on the Win2000 server and published to media server. Nevertheless, I'm not able to see it in the server list on Backup & Restore tab. 
Is there a step I'm missing?

Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6

Hello there,

The remote server will not be automatically added to the server list. Use the Add Server option and add the remote server (Win 2000) in the Backup & restore tab.

Also as BE 2012 does not support Win 2000 I would suggest that you limit your backups only to files and folder and not any application. Also do not depend on those backups for complete Disaster recovery of Win 2000 server.

Thanks,

-Sush...