cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to optimize 2th NIC config dedicated for offsite deduplication replication?

Kenneth_Lam
Level 4

I have setup CAS in site A and MMS in site B and both with enterprise option and deduplication option licensed. Both deduplication disks are shared to opposite. 

For both servers, I have installed two NICs cards. Each NIC card connect to different network. First NIC card is connected to domain network with any server for backup. Second NIC card is connected to opposite Backup Exec server's second NIC card via VPN network for offsite deduplication replication only. Would any one ask me that what is the best practice to setup second NIC card for Backup Exec? Such as disable Netbios, and so on?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

would not recommend to disable netbios for CAS MBES environment. There isnt any specific best practices for the NIC settings w.r.t BE (especially with the newer OS). since the second NIC only connects CAS and MBES, the data flow should be fine. w.r.t Dedupe, just ensure the drive is excluded from Antivirus. If it is windows 2016 OS, then ensure exclusions are set in windows defender. Apart from that the NIC settings like chimney, RSS, TCP offloads , the defaults have worked allright. There were some concerns around teredo tunneling , so you can disable that https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024871

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

would not recommend to disable netbios for CAS MBES environment. There isnt any specific best practices for the NIC settings w.r.t BE (especially with the newer OS). since the second NIC only connects CAS and MBES, the data flow should be fine. w.r.t Dedupe, just ensure the drive is excluded from Antivirus. If it is windows 2016 OS, then ensure exclusions are set in windows defender. Apart from that the NIC settings like chimney, RSS, TCP offloads , the defaults have worked allright. There were some concerns around teredo tunneling , so you can disable that https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024871