cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly backup bkf files to tape

jfrench99
Level 3

I have several directories that are backup-to-disk folders.  I am trying to find a document on what is required if I want to move the data to tape for archive purposes.  Can anyone assist?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

The best and only way to backup these .bfk files is to do it using a Duplicate to Tape backup job.

Create a Duplicate backup job for those backup sets and select the target device as tape.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

The best and only way to backup these .bfk files is to do it using a Duplicate to Tape backup job.

Create a Duplicate backup job for those backup sets and select the target device as tape.

jfrench99
Level 3

when selecting what to backup do I choose the "view by media" and select the media I want to write to tape?

Michael_McNally
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Yes, You can do that. Or, if you are using backup exec 2012, you can set up a second stage to perform the duplicate after each backup or on a scheduled basis.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Yes you can do that OR you can create a new job and select the job type as Duplicate backup - that will give you an option to select which backup set you would like to be duplicated. (similar to what you do for a new backup job)