cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove wrong CPA demo license

Dirk_Smulders
Level 2
Partner Accredited
I had a CPS server running, with one licensed client, and a working backup job.
During an additional configure, the CPS server itself was made an agent (someone tried to run a "local" backup job) During this setup the CPS server was given a demo license.
This demo license has expired, and now the original backup job fails because the (wrong) demo CPA license has expired.

How can I remove the wrong server or reset this so that the original backup works again. I prefer not to have to re-install.

This error has gone unnoticed (the backup jobs states "started" with errors) for some time now, and I really need a working situation back.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

In the CPS console go to SETUP and go to the Properties of the server and under "serial numbers" remove the Demo license and insert the correct one.

Also refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/279725

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Dirk_Smulders
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Sorry,

tried this. As explained this server was added by mistake and I do not have a license to fill in. remove without adding a license results in the "expired" demo license re-appearing.

How do I remove server completely from server list ?

thanks
Dirk

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

What error message you are getting?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Dirk_Smulders
Level 2
Partner Accredited
No error message.

I have the CPS server in the "server list", which obtained a demo license by mistake.
I need to remove this server from the list in order to get the backup from a licensed server running again.
When I remove the license, and do not fill in a new one, the "old" demo license just re-appears. I can not remove the sever completly from the list. (no delete possible)

This thread seems impossible to solve by email. I have a full support contract. Can I move this call to an telephone assited support please ?

Thanks
Dirk

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue..

For further assistance you could call SYMANTEC Technical Services.

For information on local telephone numbers, please visit http://support.veritas.com and select 'Contact Support'.

Please note that you may be charged for this service.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.