cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to request hotfix TECH162746?

HGGN
Level 2

Hi all,

One of our customers needs the private hotfix mentioned in the article TECH162746. They can't restore any files and need the hotfix really fast.

I've tried to open a Support Case, but it keeps asking me for either the "Technical Contact ID", "Support Number" or "Technical Case ID", and I can't move on with the Case to request the hotfix to solve the restore problem.

Could someone please explain me how to properly request the hotfix, or what kind of information is expected for "Technical Contact ID", "Support Number" or "Technical Case ID"?

Thank you.

PS - I've tried to put the article number on the "Technical Case ID" field, but to now avail...

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Private Hotfixes require formal support cases as you have to work with an engineer to

1)  confirm that you do have the issue addressed by the update

2) understand the consequences of using program code that has not been through the same level of testing as a public hotfix.

3) assist with installation as they don't come packaged in an MSI Installer

4) feedback on the results in a timely manner as our engineering teams need the feedback as fast as possible.

Also if you don't know the details asked when logging a case via the web then pick up the phone as the personnel responsible for creating phone cases can help you identify what is needed to log a case.

Customer support contact details are here

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

teiva-boy
Level 6

You probably also need to have a current and valid support contract...

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

or pay the one-off incident fee

HGGN
Level 2

Thank you all for the help. I'll scale this internally and see where it goes.