cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send scheduled report to review all job with detailed selection list

SymQNA
Level 5

HI Symantec Support

Can you please guide me how to set report in Backup Exec 2010,so that I can receive the report of all jobs run in last 7 days, with job name and specific selection folder/files list ? So that I can verify the selection of each job weekly and ensure there is no missing folders or file. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no report which will give you the list of files backed up for each job. The only way to get the list of files backed up is to turn on detailed logging. Go to Tools ----> Options -----> Joblog to do so. You must have lots of space on your C: drive as detailed logging makes the joblog voluminous and all joblogs are affected. You then configure notification in each job and attach the joblog with the notification

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you first tried to have a look @ the Reports tab of the UI ? Checked if any built-in report fits your need and if not, tried making a custom report ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no report which will give you the list of files backed up for each job. The only way to get the list of files backed up is to turn on detailed logging. Go to Tools ----> Options -----> Joblog to do so. You must have lots of space on your C: drive as detailed logging makes the joblog voluminous and all joblogs are affected. You then configure notification in each job and attach the joblog with the notification

SymQNA
Level 5
Any other Symantec Support can give me an official/professional reply? Thanks