cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup to duplicate only latest backupset?

Magnus_Finbom
Level 2
Hi!

This issue is probably very easy to answer, but I just cant see the solutino in front of me, and a search did not help so im starting a new thread.

I have one Policy that every Friday does an full backup to one certain backup2disk-folder, and Monday to Thursday an Incremental job backup data to an other backup2disk-folder.
And In this policy I also have one duplicate job-template that once a month copies the full backup to a tape device.. an schoolbook example of today backup solution I think. :)

But here comes the problem.. The duplication copies all backupsets to the tape. And I only want the last full backup to be duplicated. The full b2d-folder media set property for overwrite is set to 32 days.. So im currently duplicating about 4 full backup-set every time...

I must have totaly missunderstood how to configure this or must have missed something.

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or how I should do?

Im thinking of using one b2d-folder for each week, but there must be an easier way.
And I tried to click the "New job to duplicate backup sets", but when I select option no.2 (duplicate backup sets following a job) I get an message that says that backup job must be scheduled...

Anyone who can help?

Kind regards, Magnus Finbom
3 REPLIES 3

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that you want only the last full backup to be duplicated. In that case, you can create a duplicate job only for the last full backup and not the others. In the schedule, you can run a duplicate job only for the last full backup. Thus the other previous full backups will not be duplicated.

Refer to the following link for more information on duplicate jobs configuration:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/256096

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You probably need to set up a monthly job and several policies.

Set the monthly to run on the last day of the month, and to supercede the daily job on the day that it runs.

Have a policy to duplicate the monthly to tape when it completes.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Could you update us on the issue?

Regards
Padmaja