cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start VM redirected restore job with latest backup set?

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello, I have a daily backups of VMs from ESX A and I would like to have script or command line that would be able to start restore job of VM to other ESX B using latest availabe backup set. Does anyone have an idea how to do this, in Backup Exec 2010 R3? Thank, Vladimir Vucinic
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can try using becmd.exe, but there is no other way within BE itself to automate a restore...

Thanks!

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

So, does anybody know how to get latest backup set (GUID) using bemcmd? Any script, sample?

Best regards,

Vladimir

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi pkh, Thank you, this is the right way, now I need to create script that will parse the output to be ablo to get those GUIDs. Also, -o21 can be user with -e switch, so that only last job history info will be shown. Thanks, Vladimir

Vladimir_Vucini
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The problem is that AVVI is not supported by bemcmd. The only thing that you can do with bemcmd, even when you know job history, etc. is to start existing restore job or to create a new restore job but without redirection, just to restore where it was at the time of the backup.

So, I can mannualy create restore job with redirectoin of VMs, but I can't change selection to the last available backup set. Any idea how to do this?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This discussion and the referenced document may help

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/scripted-restore-job-0