cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take backup in HP RDX drive using backup exec 2014

alinawaz
Level 5

Hi All,

We have backup exec 2014 and HP RDX drive with have 1TB Tape, it is connected by USB but it is not recongnizing in backup exec while confguring the device storage. what could be the reason.

Thanks

Agha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

alinawaz
Level 5

I changed the RDX removeable dist to fixed disk after that i can see in storage B2D.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

alinawaz
Level 5

I changed the RDX removeable dist to fixed disk after that i can see in storage B2D.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

RDX should be seen by both the Operating System and Backup Exec as Removable Disk/Removable Storage (and within Backup Exec you should have used the option to add removable storage when configuring it)

If you have somehow managed to configure it so that it is seen by Backup Exec as standard disk storage and NOT removable storage then you will be using it a mode of operation that we do not specifically test. In may work in a similar manner to how Backup Exec handles standard USB disks, however if there are problems, you may see issues with how the RDX eject, insert and possibly media reclaim operations are functioning.

Also as an aside an RDX cartridge is not a Tape (it actually contains a disk), as such you may cause confusion when if you use the term tape with such hardware.