cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn BE2010 Remote agent embeded Apache webserver off

raxz0r80
Level 2

As described in the heading, how do you turn the BE2010 Remote Agent embeded apache webserver off or is it possible. We re in the middel of a security scan and it reports back that the apache webserver that runs with BE201  is an old version, v2.2.11 should be v2.2.15.

Since I do not thinik that we use this feature, is it possible to turn it off? Or how do you upgrade it?

BE2010  is up to date as this is writen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

No Symantec does not implement apache 2.2 in BE 2010 .I had issue where in Port conflict between apache tomcat6 and BERetireve for CPS, the port used 8443. I had Edit the site in IIS to change the port for webretrieve to 8445 and it worked.

Try accessing the BERtrieve page as https://servername:8443/BERetrieve . Can also try the IP address instead of server name but along with :8443 in the url.
- check the registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RxWebApp compare the path mentioned here along with actual program files

You can run the following command to check the port useed

netstat -a -0

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Stop the Apache webserver . Install the remote agent and after the installation edit the services putting the ndmp port to use 12000 instead of 10000

raxz0r80
Level 2

RahulG,

Do you know if Symantec have implemented Apache 2.2.15 in BE2010?

My BE2010 is up to date(at least that is what LiveUpdate says) and even that one shows that it is using Apache 2.2.11 that is an old one.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

No Symantec does not implement apache 2.2 in BE 2010 .I had issue where in Port conflict between apache tomcat6 and BERetireve for CPS, the port used 8443. I had Edit the site in IIS to change the port for webretrieve to 8445 and it worked.

Try accessing the BERtrieve page as https://servername:8443/BERetrieve . Can also try the IP address instead of server name but along with :8443 in the url.
- check the registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\RxWebApp compare the path mentioned here along with actual program files

You can run the following command to check the port useed

netstat -a -0