cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use NDMP Port no in Backup exec 2012 , Port no 10,000 need to be changed for RAWS

BALAJVAK
Level 3

Query regarding how to configure NDMP backups from NDMP end , please find the beow technote for changing port no

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH24256

Default port used by the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS).is 10000 ,as per the technote port no for  NDMP will be changed as 9000 in that is there any thing we need to change port no from NMDP end to enable port no 9000

Backup application :Backup Exec 2012

Server o/s : windows 2008 R2

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure I understand what your problem with this is

However you don't have to use 9000 but changing it in that location is officially how you change it and if you can't use publishing then all servers in the backup strategy need to be on the same control port (with pubishing allowing you to mix it between servers if you want)

Be aware that this is just the NDMP control port

The range of NDMP Data ports will still be needed (configured inside Backup Exec in Network and Security Settings - do not set a range of less than 25 ports and do not include the control port inside the range)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver

1) You must restart at least the Beremote service after making this change (in rare cirumstances may need to reboot the actual server)

2) Remote agent publishing MUST be working to the media server if you want to leave the rest of the backup environment on 10000 and only change one remote agent to 9000 (which means Port 6101 MUST be open in the direction of from remote agent to media server (in other words the media server is listening on Port 6101 waiting for a connection from the remote)

BALAJVAK
Level 3

Thanks for your reply ,

My main concern is to know after updating the port no #9000 for NDMP in  system32\Drivers\etc  services  file as per technote :TECH24256 i

This is my actual query :Is there any port No i need to change from NDMP level

Thanks

Colin_Weaver

I am not sure I understand what your problem with this is

However you don't have to use 9000 but changing it in that location is officially how you change it and if you can't use publishing then all servers in the backup strategy need to be on the same control port (with pubishing allowing you to mix it between servers if you want)

Be aware that this is just the NDMP control port

The range of NDMP Data ports will still be needed (configured inside Backup Exec in Network and Security Settings - do not set a range of less than 25 ports and do not include the control port inside the range)