cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify that Exchange Agent has installed and is working properly

Shane_Draper
Level 2

I recently installed BE 2010 R3 and we have the remote agent licenses plus the Exchange agent license.  I wanted to know how I verify that the Exchange license is working.  I can see on our backups the Exchange server and the Microsoft Information Store and am able to drill down to the Mailbox Store.  Would I be able to do this if the license was not applied correctly?

Shane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE console, click on Help ->About -> Licensing Information-> Check the status of Remote Agent for 

Exchange, its should show "Installed" and "Licensed" as "Yes".

Note: Agent for Exchange can be used in trial mode(without license) for 60 days and the drill down will 

work in trail mode too. After 60 days backups will start failing with license violation error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE console, click on Help ->About -> Licensing Information-> Check the status of Remote Agent for 

Exchange, its should show "Installed" and "Licensed" as "Yes".

Note: Agent for Exchange can be used in trial mode(without license) for 60 days and the drill down will 

work in trail mode too. After 60 days backups will start failing with license violation error.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Amol's response will tell you if the Exchange License is installed. 

If the Exchange server is not the Media server, then you need to install the RAWS - Remote Agent on the Exchange server

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you have a license installed, the easiest things to check are:

1. Can you see the Information Store and browse it (which you said you can!)

2. Is it clearing the logs correctly from an operational perspective?

3. Are you getting errors during your backup jobs? If so, open up a new query on this...

If it's doing neither, then the agent has some sort of issue which you could then look at getting sorted out via Connect or Symantec support.