cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp 1/8 Autoloader error

wael_elsayed
Level 1

Hi Experts.

I am facing issue with HP 1760 tape library LTO4, it was working fine since two years, now when isert tapes and start the backup process, always i am doing inventory and catalog before the backup process start, this time i got error as below:

16.02.15 12:13:02.23  Libctrl task Error - ME: invalid cartridge

Return status:                   0x80 - command failed

Global error code:               0x63 - ME: invalid cartridge

Command code:                    0x15 - unload

Task originator:                 0x02 - CDB interpreter task

Extender library specifier:      0x00, 0

Source element type.:            0x02 - storage slot

Element number:                  0x05, 5

Destination element type.:       0x04 - tape drive

Element number:                  0x01, 1

when restart ultrium , error gone, when scan again start getting error, I tried to replace cartidge with another one , also check other ports in the library , same issue,

Appreciate your Help !

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It's definitely hardware-related, and either to the robotics or the actual drive itself. I found the 1/8 autoloader very unreliable which prompted a move to the MSL 2024 G3 which worked well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It may be a hardware error. Run the HP LT&T utility against the tape library/drive.  Make sure you select the write test and that you have stopped all the BE services beforehand.  If there is any failure, contact the hardware vendor

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It's definitely hardware-related, and either to the robotics or the actual drive itself. I found the 1/8 autoloader very unreliable which prompted a move to the MSL 2024 G3 which worked well.