cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp Storgaeworks 1760 Ultrium 4- SCSCI and Backup Exec 2012

vivek_rana
Not applicable

Hello -

I am running Backup Exec 2012 SB edition and using HP StorgaeWorks Ultrium - LTO drive to make full backups. Since last week the tape storage has not be preforming well taking a long time to back up at a significantly slower speed and the backup fails.

I get an error saying:

Storage device "27 April 2013" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported: This operation returned because the timeout period expired. V-79-57344-34032 - The device timed out.

The Windows 2003 event viewer says -

Error 33152: Failed to space to end data on device HO Ultrium 4-SCSI %2,53,%4,%5,%6,%7

I figured it is the SCSCI issue.  I have updated the current firmware on the HP storage work (LTO-4 SCSI) as well as updated the HP driver (Not Symantec driver) on the LTO drive but am still getting the same error.

My question is that do I need install Symantec driver for the Tape Drive.  Earlier when I installed Symantec tape driver I started noticing degradation of the Tape drive performance and that why I changed it.

Thank you all for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, It is always recommended to use the Symantec driver for your tape drive, although what you have done in using the HP driver is part of the troubleshooting process! Download HP Library & Tape Tools, stop the BE services and run the diagnostic checks to see whether or not you have a hardware issue with the drive! Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, It is always recommended to use the Symantec driver for your tape drive, although what you have done in using the HP driver is part of the troubleshooting process! Download HP Library & Tape Tools, stop the BE services and run the diagnostic checks to see whether or not you have a hardware issue with the drive! Thanks!